Software Test Analyst II - UI at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
“The virtual terminal that does virtually everything” - safely accept any card type wherever you are with Virtual Terminal Plus from FIS Worldpay. Our easy to use online web payment solution is the perfect complement to the way you process payments as a primary point of sale or back-office application to manage transaction originally accepted through a Worldpay integration type. Virtual Terminal Plus offers the convenience to accept EMV chip-enabled credit and debit, and secure keyed entry when the card is not present. What’s more, Virtual Terminal Plus takes your payment further by supporting electronic invoices, check and cash payments, and recurring payment transactions with the advantage of reporting accessibility from any location with an internet connection. Unlike other web payment solutions, FIS Worldpay supports multi-users, multi-lanes, and multiple processing accounts that allow payment authorizations from a variety of entry methods and peripheral devices. Virtual Terminal Plus is truly the only payment acceptance solution that you need whether you are in-store or on-the-go, so you can get paid quickly and efficiently.
What you will be doing
This position is a subset of the larger classification of Technology Engineering and Quality Assurance Engineering as it pertains to Quality Assurance and related projects. You would be working on and leading our Virtual Terminal plus application in regard to testing and will be working under the direct supervision of The Sr. Quality Assurance Manager. Position responsible for leading the testing efforts and/or certifying the functionality, performance, automation and security of software developed for internal and external customers. Responsible for ensuring functions as testing web application relative to vulnerability guidelines are completed as required. Lead, develop and execute test plans for quality, performance, security, and load testing. Contribute to the development of Quality Assurance processes and tools. Participate in all facets of the software design process and perform research into new technologies and services to support the Payments vision.
- Develops, maintains and upgrades manual or automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Performs usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability and security.
- Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
- Controls and manages own daily test activities.
- Provides internal quality assurance.
- Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and maintains the test script library.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Good Knowledge of Agile/Scrum, SAFe methodology.
- Hands on experience with Manula/Automation/Service layer testing.
- Requires four or more years demonstrated experience in software testing and a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Knowledge of basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies and knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets needs of client/business partner
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of functions, features and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the client needs and the ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem solving
- Ability to deliver results under pressure and demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills working with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community.
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$66,740 - 108,790
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.