Software Test Analyst - API at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS Global – Merchant Solutions API Engineering Team is seeking well-versed QA Engineers and do not hire based on buzz word technologies. Our engineering team utilizes Agile Development methodologies and employs a collaborative approach to our work. QA engineers are not part of a separate organization; rather, our engineering teams are comprised of both software and QA engineers, who share a single goal -- to deliver business value to our merchants.
Our QA Engineers will participate in scrum ceremonies, including product design reviews and backlog requirements, while providing input on testability of requirements and acceptance criteria. Our QA Engineers are also responsible for driving adoption of QA best practices and leading Shift Left approach for quality deliverables within their aligned team.
What you will be doing
As a Quality Engineer you'll need to take an active role in shaping the quality of our software. This will demand deep integration with our development engineers, creating test plans, bug reporting and triaging, identifying automation opportunities, and supporting design reviews. You'll help us identify holes in coverage, actively sync with multi-functional teams to reduce duplication, foster better testing, and resist regressions. We are building a passionate and diverse team that will span a broad range of applications, tools, and frameworks. We need your help to reach high standards of quality.
As QA Engineer you will perform the following activities;
• Interpret, understand and validate system requirements for new and existing solutions
• Work closely with the development and product management organizations to derive and interpret complex use cases in order to create the appropriate test plans and test cases.
• Develop test plans, automated test scripts and test cases that adhere to the technical and business requirements
• Execute complex white box and black box functional, system and regression tests and document the overall results
• Categorize, track and triage new and existing defects for recommendation for future releases
• Provide appropriate test metrics around the results of executed tests
• Actively investigate and recommend new tools, processes and test approaches for improving the quality of the solutions
• Triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products / projects.
• Provide release readiness recommendations based on test execution and defect metrics
What you bring:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
• Experience in Software QA Testing, Test Automation, Web Service Testing and Test Data Management.
• Proficient with API , Web Service Concepts & Principles (SOAP, XML, REST)
• Proficient in Web Service/API Testing products such as ReadyAPI, SoapUI, Postman & Tosca.
• Experience working with large relational database such as DB2 and Oracle, Expert in writing complex SQL Queries.
• Experience working with Cloud Technologies and Container Technologies such as Cassandra and Docker
• Ability to identify system bottlenecks with strong troubleshooting, problem solving & reasoning skills.
• Experience in developing Test Automation Frameworks for APIs & Microservices (RESTful & SOAP)
• Experienced in agile methodology.
• Proven experience working in a dynamic, challenging and team-oriented environment, and to meet tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.