Software Quality Engineer
We are seeking a highly talented Software Quality Engineer who can be a critical part of a dynamic team located in Broomfield, CO. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
We don’t believe in “culture fit”. We believe in you being a genuine human beings and pleasant to work with. Sure, we might share a beer at work or after work but you don’t have to. You just need to be a contributing member of our team who is thoughtful and wants to do quality work.
Making an immediate impact:
- Writing test plans and test cases for user stories, automated test cases and regression scripts
- Work with a QA automation team to build regression frameworks and run regression test suites daily
- Coming up with creative ideas on how to test
- Work on a scrum team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the agile SLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- 2 years if previous QA or development experience
- Experience in one of the following programming languages: PHP, Java, .NET, Python, etc
- Worked with SQL
- Smart, with technical abilities that enable you to learn fast and be creative in your solutions
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable at a shell prompt (e.g., Unix/linux experience)
- A love for making software better!
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Selenium and other open source testing tools experience
- SOAP, REST, XML, JSON
- Web-scale environments
- Understanding of source control (Subversion, GIT, etc)
- Developing personal projects, or contributing to open source projects
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Make a real difference - your code reaches millions of people as soon as you release it
- Work in a fun, casual, team environment – flip flops OK
- Frisbees and foosball tables
- Benefits such as medical, dental and 401(k)
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.