Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Markit Digital designs, develops, and hosts data rich, full featured, and high traffic web and mobile applications for financial institutions, brokerages, and media clients from all over the world. Our Quality Assurance team is responsible for ensuring the high quality of Markit Digital’s software by independently verifying that software functionality conforms to business requirements, and communicating risks to the business. Using a combination of manual and technical testing techniques, the team is also responsible for validating technical aspects of implementations including performance and scalability of the solution. The Boulder based Quality Assurance group consists of approximately 30 professionals who work closely with developers, engineers, and project managers within Agile Scrum teams.
Essential Key skills
• Ability to build relationships and implement change
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Manual, API, Data, Performance, and Automated testing
• Strong working experience in Agile QA Processes and Projects
• Knowledge in Testing tools like JIRA, HP-ALM and various scripting tools
• Knowledge of Business Communications tools such as SharePoint, Confluence, MS Office
• Transformational skills - Waterfall to Agile (Desired)
Roles and Responsibilities
Act as the Quality Subject Matter expert for a single Agile scrum team, working with a combination of developers, engineers, scrum master and product owner to ensure our products are built to the highest quality standards and meet the requirements of our clients and their users. Bring your QA/QE mindset to the team, and speak with a strong voice to advocate for quality and the user experience.
Create project and epic-level test strategies in collaboration with the Agile team that consider all phases of testing, such as unit, integration, API, feature testing (manual and automated), design, accessibility, compatibility, performance and load, regression, etc.
Create story-level test approaches and test cases, collaborate with technical resources to ensure proper coverage through unit, API, or automated UI testing, based on the test strategy.
Execute manual system tests, and identify tests that can be automated for regression purposes. Collaborate with developers to get functional tests automated, and assist with the running and reporting of automated regression test suites.
Log accurate defect reports in Jira. Ensure defects and identified customer incidents are prioritized and addressed, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner.
Track and prepare reports on testing activities including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects reports, release status, performance baselines, etc. Provide daily/monthly/quarterly metrics reporting the end of a phase or the completion of project. Attend client calls and discuss weekly status with the internal executives and clients as necessary.
Work closely with development and product groups to ensure deadlines are met.
Monitor and enforce all processes and organizational testing standards. Own the continuous improvement of quality processes including, required documentation, testing processes, and the overall quality of the agile team’s software.
Provide support to Agile teams for estimating and planning.
What we look for
• University graduate or equivalent, preferably a computing or finance-related degree
• 5+ years of experience in QA
• 2+ years in an Agile and additional experience in traditional Waterfall
• Excellent understanding of software architecture and SDLC
• Proficient in writing database SQL queries
• Knowledge and experience of financial markets (Highly desired)
• Demonstrated ability to self-manage with minimal supervision is essential
• High standard of written work
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Open minded with a positive attitude, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations
• Focused on delivery
• Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to work in a team environment
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).