Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer II at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corp. is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer to perform automated testing of the Ball Aerospace IT Business applications and systems to include Product Data Management, Procurement, Financial, Manufacturing, Business Resource Tools, and others. The analyst may work on multiple projects, and operations and maintenance, simultaneously. The successful candidate will work closely with subject matter experts, developers, and product managers to ensure thorough, repeatable, and scalable automated tests.
What You’ll Do:
- Create, document, and maintain automated test scripts for Ball Aerospace internal applications and systems for regression, smoke, and integration testing
- Create repeatable automated test procedures to shorten test cycles and provide broader and deeper coverage using in-house tools.
- Perform maintenance and housekeeping on existing automated test scripts for regression testing
- Perform debugging on existing automated test scripts
- Contribute to continuous improvement in automation strategy, processes, procedures, and standards
- Automate what can be automated and don’t automate what cannot be automated
- Write SQL for test purposes across enterprise and ancillary databases.
- Potentially perform load and performance testing in a rudimentary fashion on new products or upgraded systems.
- Execute on test conditions using manual and automated processes to address change in software, hardware, and database systems in test environment.
- Synthesize customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Occasionally participate in weekend go-live/cutover activities for large upgrades or new system implementation.
- Utilize bug tracking system to report defects or design flaws to project teams, application owners, subject matter experts, and developers.
- Perform maintenance, modification, and debugging of existing automated and manual test procedures.
- Perform duties within differing SDLC methodologies.
- Follow documented or established procedures to perform quality assurance activities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 years of recent experience in software quality assurance and automated testing techniques.
- Ability to communicate well with cross section of business to include SQA, product management, development, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in multiple SDLC’s.
- Ability to learn and write code in .NET.
- Ability to learn and use in house test automation tool (SilkTest).
- A demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level.
- Experience with SilkTest automation tool preferred.
- COTS Integration experience preferred.
- Experience with Xpath preferred.
- Experience with .Net preferred.
- Experience with Postman preferred.
- Experience with inspection, and manipulation of XML, XSD, and WSDLs preferred.
- Experience with Shell scripting preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $89,000 - $120,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.