Software QA Engineer at NurseFly
Job Title: QA Engineer
Position Type: Fulltime
Travel: Minimum travel may be required
At NurseFly, we’re on a mission to transform hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We’re starting by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline $17 billion temporary healthcare staffing industry. We empower nurses and other healthcare professionals across the country by giving them unprecedented access to honest, transparent, and real-time information to aid them in their job search. We connect candidates to the highest paying, most relevant travel healthcare jobs in the country and we help enable research around the best places to work.
Our goal is to help healthcare professionals take the headache out of finding a great job, and for healthcare employers, making it easier and faster to find great talent. Through the NurseFly platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
Reporting directly to the CTO, you will be the first QA Engineer on the team. Completely owning our test pipeline, you will be ensuring that we’re pushing high quality code.
NurseFly is small and rapidly growing. The engineering team is responsible for delivering modern software and strives to set the bar for the healthcare staffing industry. We are an incredibly supportive team who practices peer to peer feedback and training to help each other grow.
- Knowledge of different testing paradigms and applications
- Experience with WebdriverIO or a similar automation framework
- Experience testing a React web application
- Experience with CI tools like CircleCI
- Nice to have: Experience testing mobile React Native applications
WITHIN ONE MONTH YOU’LL:
- Take ownership of our end-to-end test pipeline and ensure the existing tests are robust.
- Start to understand the integration tests and unit tests currently in the code base.
WITHIN THREE MONTHS YOU’LL:
- Extend an existing end-to-end test.
- Write an end-to-end test for a new flow in the application.
- Start to influence the team direction around testing.
WITHIN SIX MONTHS YOU’LL:
- Write several end-to-end and integration tests.
- Improve the reliability of our end-to-end tests, ensuring they are not sensitive to timing of deploys.
- Make it possible to run end-to-end tests against every pull request by configuring our CircleCI environment.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS YOU’LL:
- Have full ownership of our testing pipeline.
- Influence and aid developer velocity with extensive testing and encouraged devs to write and understand their own tests.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Budget for your dream battle station (computer, monitors, keyboard, mouse, headphones, IDE and whatever else you need to do your best work)
NurseFly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.