Job Title: Growth Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Position Level: Mid- Senior
Travel: Minimum travel may be required
At NurseFly, we’re on a mission to transform hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We’re starting by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline $17 billion temporary healthcare staffing industry. We empower nurses and other healthcare professionals across the country by giving them unprecedented access to honest, transparent, and real-time information to aid them in their job search. We connect candidates to the highest paying, most relevant travel healthcare jobs in the country and we help enable research around the best places to work.
Our goal is to help healthcare professionals take the headache out of finding a great job, and for healthcare employers, making it easier and faster to find great talent. Through the NurseFly platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.THE OPPORTUNITY
As the first growth engineering hire, you’ll join the core team that is responsible driving acquisition, activation, and retention efforts. You’ll be involved in a wide variety of projects covering SEO, SEM, conversion optimization, content marketing, website architecture, landing page design and optimization, data and analytics infrastructure, and web scraping.
To thrive and flourish in this role, you must be a quick learner, with an open but critical mind of an experimenter, enjoy solving hard problems using data and metrics-driven optimizations, and most importantly a get-things-done attitude.
NurseFly is small and rapidly growing. The Engineering team is responsible for delivering modern software and strives to set the bar for the healthcare staffing industry. We are an incredibly supportive team who practices peer to peer feedback and training to help each other grow. Although, this role is dedicated to the Engineering department, it is truly a cross-functional opportunity working with Marketing, Product, Design, and Sales.
THE SKILL SETAn interest in digital marketing and in owning growth experiences & funnels
- An interest in digital marketing and in owning growth experiences & funnels
- Experience with BI and analytics tools like Segment, Google Analytics, Amplitude
- Experience working with A/B tests
- Experience with funnel/conversion rate optimization, data aggregation tools, and interacting with web APIs
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Work with a mentor to understand our infrastructure and implement a growth experiment or contribute a small feature
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Implement multiple growth experiments and run multiple A/B tests
- Test and optimize new growth tactics for customer acquisition and conversion rate optimization
- Work with XML Feeds and interacting with web APIs to post content to external platforms
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Have a handle on the data needs of the organization.
- Have an understanding of the tracking we currently have in place and the gaps that need to be addressed to understand user experience in our product.
- Implement marketing automation tools like Iterable / Braze.
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Become a go-to person for the Growth team's needs by taking ownership of engineering related to user acquisition and engagement
- Have a thorough grasp of the conversion rates of various funnels
- Have an understanding of features that drive the most user and business value.
- Have developed an opinion on how the product can be improved to address user and business needs.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- Pet Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Budget for your dream battle station (computer, monitors, keyboard, mouse, headphones, IDE and whatever else you need to do your best work)
NurseFly is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.