Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
We are currently hiring talented and experienced Software Engineers (.NET Core, AWS) across multiple teams in our Platform domain, which sits within our global Technology group.
We’re keen to chat with Software Engineers with a growth mindset, the ability to adapt and evolve with the changing needs of the business and a clear understanding of clean design and coding practices.
Xero is continuing to grow and so are the opportunities to join us!
You can choose to perform this role:
- In one of our #beautiful offices in Wellington or Auckland
- Flexibly, through a hybrid of in office and remote working styles
- Permanently Remote
So what are these teams we hear you ask!?
As part of the Bank Integrations team, you’ll be joining one of the cornerstones of what makes Xero incredible. Without us, Xero wouldn’t be where it is today. We work directly with the banks to implement and improve integrations, creating the links that make so many of Xero’s awesome product features possible.
Xero’s Platform Engineering group is responsible for building and maintaining critical applications and services consumed throughout Xero globally. We write and maintain services central to keeping Xero online and scaling to millions of customers. We pride ourselves on our emphasis on software performance and scalability, our desire to innovate and improve the way we work, and our commitment to writing quality software.
Our Platform-as-a-Service team, a cross-functional agile infrastructure development team, delivers infrastructure services that enable our internal customers to continue to scale Xero’s platform. By providing customer-centric applications our Platform-as-a-Service teams contribute to our ever growing environment by working towards the same objectives, using modern delivery principles and practices!
As a Developer in Platform, you will:
- Use your amazing skills to break down complex problems and find simple solutions
- Contribute significantly to the scale and design of back-end infrastructure and code to our Xero cloud software platform hosted in AWS
- Use your passion for delivering beautifully designed software!
- Influence others and build consensus using your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with smart, motivated people in a supportive environment
- Enjoy a strong culture of wanting to be better and making it happen
- Feel empowered to try things out and make a real difference for our teams and our customers
What does a Platform skillset look like?
- In-depth knowledge of the C# language and .NET fundamentals, including ASP.NET & Web API.
- Experience using build and deploy tools and processes to get your creations into production
- The ability to develop scalable software against large relational databases, and an understanding of NoSQL databases
- Eager to dig in and get going with a wide variety of top industry tools and frameworks for building scalable apps, think Redis, .NET Core, Event Store, Kubernetes, SQS and the AWS platform
- Working knowledge of complex architecture designs that support scalable and maintainable software solutions.
Aside from the typical perks you’d expect from a tech company (games rooms, free soft drinks, barista coffee, fresh fruit, sports teams and amazing offices), one of the best things about Xero is our people. You’ll join an inclusive, diverse product team with talented developers from all over the globe.
We support many types of flexible working arrangements like condensed and part-time, which allows you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package which includes shares and life insurance in addition to your base salary plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being.
As a permanent remote worker at Xero we want to ensure you are getting the same #beautiful employee experience as our in-office Xero’s. Permanent remote Xero’s will benefit from a virtual ergonomic work assessment and funding to assist with the improvement of your at home work setup. Xero will also fund up to 4 trips a year to your most relevant region Xero office. You are part of our #team and we want to see you thrive!
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.