Software Engineering in Test (SET)
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
As a Software Engineering in Test (SET) on NetApp SolidFire’s Performance Engineering Team, you will work as part of an innovative, fun, and growing team responsible for development, testing, and analysis of our Hyper Converged Infrastructure products. If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
What will you do:
- Design and develop reliable, scalable and maintainable test automation using Python to measure performance of storage systems
- Execute, monitor, and report on performance tests to ensure product performance targets are achieved
- Triage test failures and work with closely with team members to resolve product or infrastructure issues
- Develop tools for analyzing system logs and performance data, conducting statistical analysis, and generating reports and dashboards
- Develop tests within Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) framework
- Work within Agile scrum teams operating in the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework
- Work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Experience developing software in Python or another object oriented language
- Experience with Linux is a must, any other OS is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work both independently and collaboratively within a diverse team environment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, other STEM field or equivalent experience is required
- Experience developing automated tests
- Knowledge of data storage systems
- Knowledge of system performance testing or benchmarking tools
- Experience with statistics, data analysis, or data visualization tools
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/SAFe frameworks
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience.
What you'll love about us:
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now more game-changing developments are in the pipeline. Behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!