Software Engineering Technical Manager at Webroot
You are an experienced software development manager with strong technical skill and background with C/C++ software engineering. You have knowledge of, or interest in, MacOS and/or MacOS system API and you seek a company that will give you an opportunity to add malware and information security experience to your skillset. At Webroot, in Broomfield, CO, we seek to empower a software development manager to grow and lead a team of highly talented software engineers. This is an opportunity that will allow you the chance to have an important influence on the technical direction of our products, building cutting-edge internet security applications used by millions of consumers and businesses around the world. You will use your knowledge of macOS and your programming skills in Swift/C++ to manage a team that builds the future of Webroot’s technology stacks. This is a chance to have a highly visible impact on Webroot’s future, joining a growing team of engineers. This position will also allow someone to remain deeply technical while providing leadership in our group. If this sounds like the challenge that drives you and the opportunity to grow that you seek, apply today.
In this job you will:
- Manage the team of software engineers to design, and develop in Swift/C++/Kotlin, the technologies behind our next-generation suite of endpoints and existing security suite.
- Work closely with technical leads on and outside the team to ensure good designs, documentation, and collaboration.
- The scope of your work will be broad and will include development on various layers of the macOS ranging from kernel to user-mode, as well as manage a team of software engineers.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance.
- Perform code reviews and coaching for the engineers.
You bring to the table:
- Experience in managing teams of software engineers.
- Experience in applying and coaching teams on best practices.
- Proven ability to deliver products on schedule.
- Proven experience working in Agile environment.
- Quality-focused mindset.
- Strong knowledge of Swift and/or C++ on macOS.
- 5-8 years in software development
- Strong knowledge of Mac OS X and macOS operating systems.
- Familiarity with the the networking below Application layer is a plus, Transport layer is a big plus.
- We believe in TDD, bring it with you or learn with us.
- Kotlin (native/multiplatform) is a big plus, desire to learn is a must-have.
- Understanding of OS internals is a plus.
- MacOS development at kernel and user-mode is a plus.
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, or other Network Sniffing tools is a plus.
At Webroot, we do more than secure our customers' PC's mobile devices and networks. We also nurture our employees' most critical assets – their talents, experience, and career aspirations. Webroot has the energy of a start-up with the strength and stability of an Internet security market leader. We foster the innovative culture you’d expect of a company that's making a statement. Webroot is a company in which you can invest yourself fully, knowing that you're not only protecting our customers around the world, but that your talents and innovation will be recognized and rewarded. We encourage you to learn more about us and explore our job openings. Secure your future. Ensure the same for your career. Principals only - no third parties, please. Webroot Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.