Software Engineering Team Lead at DAT (Greater Denver Area, CO)
DAT is an award-winning employer of choice and a next-generation SaaS technology company that has been at the leading edge of innovation in transportation supply chain logistics for 44 years. We continue to transform the industry year over year, by deploying a suite of software solutions to millions of customers every day - customers who depend on DAT for the most relevant data and most accurate insights to help them make smarter business decisions and run their companies more profitably. We operate the largest marketplace of its kind in North America, with 227 million freight posts in 2021, and a database of $126 billion of annual global shipment market transaction data. Our headquarters are in Denver, CO, with additional offices in Missouri, Oregon, Texas, and Bangalore, India. For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company.
DAT is looking for a Software Engineering Technical Lead to join our Engineering team in Denver, CO or Beaverton, Oregon.
This position will work in-office 2/week.
In this role, you will be a technical leader, contributor and representative of a software delivery team. Together with the engineering manager, you will ensure the team is positioned to consistently deliver quality software, according to priority and in alignment with DAT Engineering standards.
What You'll Do
- Actively contribute to the completion of Sprint Backlog items by designing, coding, testing and reviewing others’ work
- Collaborate with Engineering Manager, Product Owner and others to ensure healthy team backlog
- Advocate for engineering concerns such as technical documentation, responsible management of tech debt and continuous improvement of development tools and practices
- Communicate and collaborate outside your team to achieve product and engineering objectives
The Skills You’ll Need
- Proven technical and team leadership capability
- Practical experience with Design Principles and Patterns
- Applied knowledge of Agile and at least one methodology such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban
- Proficiency with modern object-oriented languages such as Java, Kotlin, or equivalent
- Applied knowledge of modern server frameworks (e.g. Spark, Spring Boot) and web UI frameworks (e.g. Angular or React)
- Practical experience with cloud-native development using AWS, Azure, or Google and containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Applied experience with messaging / streaming services such as Kinesis and Kafka
- Applied knowledge of REST APIs established best practices
- Practical experience using test frameworks to write unit, API, integration and end-to-end tests
DAT embraces the value of a diverse workforce, and believes it is a core strength of our company that we encourage those values in every DAT employee, at every level of our organization, regardless of tenure or rank. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).