Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The API Engineering team within FIS Merchant Solutions is responsible for overseeing the strategy, execution, governance, and management of APIs. This position requires strong technical, design, communication, and collaboration skills. To be successful in this role, you must be able to lead effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. We have aggressive goals over the next couple of years and are looking for candidates with a passion for APIs and a can-do attitude. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
What you will be doing
Proposes, designs & codes software solutions to address complex business needs. Oversees technical and procedural documentation required.
- Facilitate and help the team understand and define "how" the capability required can be accomplished.
- Creating, analyzing and validating details on back-end/source system capabilities. (e. g: identify data sources and/or provide mapping/spec definition etc.,).
- Create solution architecture, design documentation and diagrams Collaborate within, and across teams to create the ""right"" solution Leverage APIs to automate common and repeatable delivery tasks.
- Provides technical guidance and mentor team members on utilizing the Cloud Technologies, Microservices & Kafka Implementation.
- Displays an innovative approach to apply modern principles, methodologies and tools to advance business initiatives and capabilities.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Troubleshoot various products and business applications already in production as needed.
- Leads complex problem solving. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of experience in software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience in Application Design, Architecture – Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques.
- Experience in building & supporting RESTful APIs using Java Spring Framework.
- Experience in designing Cloud Applications, Microservices & Kafka pub-sub message processing.
- Experience in Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
- Experience in Product and Vendor Evaluation – Knowledge of and ability to implement processes for the evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components ensuring they are in line with an organization's business needs and architectural principles.
- Experience in implementing Software Process Improvement (SPI) – Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines, and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs associated with an existing application.
- Experience in Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.