We believe in the power of hiring. Because the potential for people to do something outstanding has everything to do with being in the right role, on the right team, at the right time. That’s where Greenhouse comes in – from recruiting to on-boarding, we make software to help every company be great at hiring.
Greenhouse is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead one of our full-stack development teams!
Greenhouse's fast growth and focus on continuous improvement means that you'll see something new every week. Our Engineering Managers are technical and managerial, so you'll use both sides of your brain: writing and reviewing code, designing systems, growing the team, running planning sessions, and mentoring.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
- A leader – you recruit and retain extraordinary engineering teams
- A problem-solver – you enjoy taking on challenging technical projects
- A people-person – you are hard-working, humble, and curious
- A doer – you are iterative in your approach to working with fellow managers and your team
- Lead a team of 5-7 engineers with a focus on coaching, mentorship, and growth
- Create a team dynamic that is inclusive, open-minded, respectful, and effective
- Maintain a high-quality codebase, participate in coding and code reviews
- Participate in system design and influence technical strategy conversations across the engineering team
- Build and deploy a set of globally utilized products
- Contribute to breaking up our monolith codebase
- Experience in building and retaining a distributed engineering team and culture
- Proven Computer Science fundamentals
- Prior experience in developing a complex, multi-tenant web application
- Experience with modern front-end technologies and best practices
- A deep understanding of modern web applications and API design; experience with issues related to scale, security, availability, deployment, and server maintenance
- Experience with development best practices, including continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and code reviews
- An understanding of AWS or other cloud infrastructures
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, please include a note telling us why you’d be a great fit for this role.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
The ranges provided below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be commensurate with candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ based on the cost of labor in that location. Pay range: $155,000-$230,000.
Who we are
At Greenhouse, we celebrate having a diverse group of hardworking employees – and it hasn’t gone unnoticed. In 2019, we were ranked #4 in Fortune’s Best Workplaces in New York and #5 in their Best Company Culture. We’ve also been recognized as a Best Company for Diversity by Comparably, and have been named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on fostering a collaborative culture throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. From day one of our interview process to executive "Ask Me Anything" sessions, we consistently cultivate an inclusive environment.
For all our employees, we offer a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, disability coverage, employer paid life insurance, mental health resources, financial wellness benefits, and a fully paid parental leave program. For US-based employees, we offer flexible vacation, commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan, and for Dublin-based employees we offer 25 days' vacation and a pension plan.
Our success in making companies great at hiring depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. To that end, we’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce, and infusing DE&I throughout all of our internal practices. By ensuring that every Greenie is able to bring a diversity of talents to our work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Greenhouse, where we’re building a team to face the world’s increasingly complex and diverse hiring needs.
Want to learn more about our interviewing process? Check out our interviewing at Greenhouse page.
**Due to COVID-19, all Greenhouse employees are working remotely until further notice.**