SonderMind is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of the full stack agile teams working to expand the capabilities of SonderMind’s platform and help us to redesign mental and behavioral health. You will act as mentor and coach to the team for career growth, goal setting, and personal development. You will also lead by example and work with other Engineering department leaders to maintain best practices, continuously improve, and promote innovation. You will join a growing team with strong leadership that is focused on providing quality software solutions.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, a strong technical background and proven leadership experience. You are flexible, yet confident, in taking action with imperfect and evolving information, always striving to improve and not settling for the status quo. You have experience successfully leading and building diverse, inclusive teams of technical professionals and maintaining a team culture of excellence and collaboration.
- Within two weeks, build rapport, schedule 1:1s with team members, & work to understand technical product area focus.
- Within three weeks, partner with product management and other stakeholders to comprehend current and future product roadmap and upcoming feature details.
- Within two months, establish team performance measures of success. Provide feedback into short-term and longer-term strategic SDLC goals.
- Within three months, foster on-going career progression discussions with all team members and provide regular guidance on how they can accomplish their goals.
- Within four months, dependable, accountable, and fully integrated with leading a high performing engineering team while striving to continue advancing SonderMind’s mission
- 8+ years experience in a technical role and 2+ years in management or technical leadership
- Demonstrated success in building, managing, and motivating a team of five or more
- Experience defining and steering delivery team goals, including fostering a culture of quality via test automation
- Proven ability to prioritize needs effectively, orchestrate complex ideas, and influence positive decision making processes
- Calm under pressure and capable of comfortably leading a team through rapid pace company growth stages
- Tenacity to cultivate cross functional department relationships
- Takes ownership of their own learning and professional development
- Strong experience in a Scrum environment
Nice to Have
- In depth knowledge of a few of the following:
- Ruby on Rails
- Jira Administration
- AWS Deployment
- Elastic Search
- Service layer / API Test Automation
- Experience in healthcare services, insurance and/or healthcare technology
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams (front-end, back-end, SDET)
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Base Compensation range for this role is $120,000-140,000
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role aligns with your experience and professional goals.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (NOTE: company is fully remote during the COVID-19 pandemic)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.