Software Engineering Manager at OrthoFi
Software Engineering Manager
OrthoFi is a Denver-based company which focuses on building software that helps make elective healthcare more affordable for patients while also supporting growth and streamlining financial processes for Orthodontic practices.
We are a highly collaborative culture that believes in trust and team-first approach as the pillars that enable our teams to move fast and own results! We appreciate teammates who are excited about making an impact for a growing company while also investing the time to establish true relationships with their co-workers.
We are seeking a talented, hands-on engineer to lead a full-stack group of creative front-end, backend, and test engineers. This is a key position for architectural ownership within our CRM domain. The right person will have a passion for technology and people leadership, using those skills in helping to solve complex problems with an autonomous Agile team.
What You Will Do:
- Lead full-stack team(s) to deliver on our CRM roadmap; architecting greenfield, integrating multiple architecture systems, and enhancing existing software to drive innovative solutions
- Manage direct reports; fostering a culture of innovation and excellence within your team and the engineering organization as a whole
- Delivering high-quality code; providing team mentorship and contributing directly in optimizing applications for speed and scalability through reusable code/libraries
- Work in cross-functional agile teams; being a voice for the larger engineering team in influencing strategies of new tech adoption, best practices, standards, etc.
- Bring a focus on micro-services and component based architecture, influencing mature practices that promote scale
- Ensure the technical feasibility of product roadmaps, identify project risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Evaluate new technologies, build prototypes, and learn through risk-averse strategies in order to achieve continuous improvements
- Embrace a fast-paced, results-oriented environment using an agile, continuous delivery workflow
What You Will Bring:
- Strong people leadership and project management skills; including planning, designing, and resource allocation
- Familiarity with modern front-end architectures and approaches; component-based architecture, unidirectional data flow, Webpack, SASS, etc.
- Familiarity with modern software architectures such as microservice design, OAuth flows, and event driven architectures
- Passionate about the concept of a continuous delivery culture and supporting CI/CD automation technologies; i.e. Jenkins, Selenium, XUnit, Jest, Protractor, GitHub, etc.
- Familiarity in modern Cloud-based hosting environments; i.e. AWS EC2, S3, Route53, CloudFront, RDS, AutoScaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- We appreciate Engineers that express a curiosity in new technology platforms and services that support our larger ecosystem; i.e. ELK, Sentry, API Gateway, Cognito, Lamba, Glue, OneReach, Swagger, Twilio, etc.
- 2+ years in leading a software delivery team, including management of direct reports
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- A highly effective collaborator that thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges
- Self Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to drive solutions
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time consuming front-office processes. Our solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
- Nurturing and supportive culture
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
Your Next Move
Now that you know more about us and are truly excited about working for an amazing company, tell us how you can make an impact at OrthoFi.