Software Engineering Manager at Granicus
Granicus is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to continue to drive our teams to produce excellent software. As a Software Engineering Manager at Granicus you will get to work with smart, driven engineers to enable their learning and growth. Our development team values Test Driven Development, knowledge sharing, collective code ownership, and a supportive learning environment. A Software Engineering Manager at Granicus will embody these values and ensure they are lived and breathed by their team. This role will allow you to write code, mentor engineers, and think strategically. Your ideas about culture, roadmaps, and technical decisions of all sizes will be highly valued. Our Software Engineering Manager will love to collaborate on code and high-level thinking, think writing tests first is the best, and care deeply about people management.
Currently, Granicus manages the world's largest and most reliable legislative content network-containing more than 5 million government media files and public records and maintaining a 99.98% uptime track-record. We also have 20,000+ government users currently leveraging our technology to successfully run their day-to-day government information tasks including webcasting public meetings, managing and delivering legislative information, collaborating with citizens, and more.
What You'll Do:
· Be responsible for career development of engineers within your group.
· Run one-on-ones on a regular cadence.
· Help engineers identify areas for improvement, create plans to improve, and execute improvements.
· Act as point person for hiring process for your level.
· Operate as an individual contributor on an engineering scrum team.
· Collaborate with Scrum Masters to ensure process efficiency and improve current process.
· Own and evangelize development team values.
· Execute tactically and provide proper context to the team.
· Focus on long term vision and ensure technical decisions work to enable Granicus' future.
· Ensure shared development team responsibilities are handled.
· Make significant contributions outside of the Product Organization as a resource to other areas of Granicus.
· Represent the Granicus Development team within Granicus and (when called upon) to clients outside of Granicus.
Who You Are:
· You are experienced with and have a passion for the agile development process.
· You can mentor engineers of all levels and a strong belief that pairing produces better code.
· You have full-stack engineering experience. We work in .NET/C# and Ruby on Rails.
· You have designed and implemented RESTful APIs/Micro Services.
· You are experienced with common monitoring tools, comfortable in a Windows environment.
· You can new technologies and help bring your team up to speed on them.
· You are comfortable navigating a large legacy code base and can spin up a new project for greenfield development.
· You have proven leadership skills and proven ability to execute on projects.
· You have experience collaborating with all the different departments needed to make software to run from Customer Support, to Operations and Platform Engineering.
· You are interested in the technology challenges faced by government offices.
· You have a bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.