Software Engineering Manager
Founded in 2004 as the principal source of music for DJs, Beatport today is the worldwide home of electronic music for DJs, producers, and their fans. The Beatport Store offers music in premium digital formats and provides unique music discovery tools created for and by DJs. Each week, Beatport's music collection is refreshed with hundreds of exclusive tracks by the world's top electronic music artists. Beatport has offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Berlin
We are looking to hire a driven and talented Software Engineering Manager who will lead and inspire our diverse group of engineers.
This is a high impact role on a small, agile team in Denver, CO.
This role is located in Denver, Colorado and requires eligibility to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship. Applicants who are outside the Denver Metro area and ready to relocate are welcome to apply, but local candidates are preferred.
- Act as a manager for Beatport’s software engineering team.
- Be an expert on the products and features your team is building.
- Act as a hiring manager, and assist other hiring managers in on-boarding new talent.
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers.
- Work with product management to help scope and plan engineering initiatives.
- Define and implement best practices for an engineering organization.
- Improve existing engineering processes and workflows.
- Contribute to documentation, including internal processes and technical diagrams.
- Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business value.
- Facilitate architectural discussions, healthy debate, and technical decision making.
- Introduce technologies to bring efficiencies and new capabilities to the department.
- 3+ years experience managing a department
- 5+ years experience leading software development teams
- Proven experience in multiple software languages
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Understanding of REST, HTTP, and the Browser
- Understanding of SOLID, DRY, and related principles
- Ability to understand the software development lifecycle
- Ability to translate product initiatives into technical details
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written
- Proven experience supporting a large production environment
- Clear understanding of software architecture and design principles
- Experiencing in a cloud computing environment, specifically with a cloud-first/cloud-native design patterns
- Ability to quickly grasp complex inter dependencies across many technologies
- Strong understanding of computing infrastructure, using the right tool for the job
We offer a competitive compensation package, plenty of vacation days, VIP access to select music events, and monthly beatport.com credits to keep your library fresh. Beatport also provides an RTD EcoPass for all employees, allowing everyone to take advantage of the light rail station located directly behind our new office. We hire people who love what they do and we make sure they have plenty of room for growth. You will work with a team that values collaboration and mentorship. We are always helping one another and sharing empirical knowledge about our stack.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Beatport strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Beatport’s recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Beatport may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.