Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Our Core Services team is expanding in an effort to meet the demands of our rapidly growing customer base. The team builds, designs, develops, and manages the foundational services that are the core of the Automox platform.
As an engineering manager for the Core Services team, you’ll start by building a team of 4-6 engineers that will be responsible for the delivery and management of one or more of the core services making the Automox platform. You’ll lead and represent engineering execution and be a part of the leadership team that defines the direction of how the Automox product line evolves. To do this, you’ll need to collaborate with peers across different functions -- other engineering teams, product leaders, design leaders, and more.
- Have a self-driven attitude - able to own problems and deliver solutions.
- Collaborative in nature, with partners across different functions (engineering, product, design).
- Highly communicative to understand customer needs and regularly align with your team and partners.
- Coach for your team, regularly gathering and providing feedback to your team and fostering a healthy team culture.
- Measures performance, and makes data-driven decisions.
- 7+ years of total experience in engineering.
- 2+ years in directly managing a team of engineers.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, across functions like product, design, and other engineering leads.
- Fluency in some programming language(s) - Java, PHP, and Python are preferred but not required.
- Experience with storing and retrieving data at scale in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with designing and building complex distributed systems.
- Bonus points for experience with containerization and orchestration.
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-$150,000 - $180,000/year
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : USA the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.