Software Engineering Leadership at Gusto
- Lead and mentor a team of 3-7 talented engineers
- Work on exciting new products, helping employers build communities within their organizations and building great places to work for their employees
- Collaborate closely with our product team to define, plan, and prioritize our product roadmap
- Write code every day. Develop, test, and deploy features across the entire stack alongside your teammates
- Ship products that are integral to Gusto’s long-term strategy and have significant growth impact
- Partner with recruiting to help scale the engineering team by actively sourcing and closing new talent
- Bring out the best in the individuals on your team by enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- 7+ years industry experience in software engineering, with considerable full-stack web application experience
- 3+ years of management experience
- Strong hands on coding, design, and architectural skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change: excited about pushing out lots of code quickly and constantly iterating
- Thorough and methodical: you enjoy working with data and using it to make informed business decisions
- Empathetic and user-focused: you care deeply about the product experience, you understand users’ motivations and frustrations, and you genuinely want to help them
- Empathetic and employee-focused: you care deeply about the people in your team, helping them to achieve their personal and professional goals, and enabling them to do the best work of their lives.
- Experience working in our stack (Ruby on Rails, React.js) is a plus, but not required
- Our Engineering Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.