Software Engineer at Skupos
Company. What we are building:
Skupos drives revenue growth across all segments of the convenience retail industry through technology that connects both retailers and brands to their shoppers. With a focus on independent stores and small chains which make up nearly 80% of the market, the Skupos platform enables both retailers and brands to compete through better understanding and serving their customers. Founded in 2016, a growing network of 14,000+ customers across all 50 states rely on Skupos to boost sales volume and increase their customer base.
Role. An overview of the opportunity:
Skupos is excited for a candidate to join our growing team of thinkers, tinkerers, and problem solvers. We are confident that with the right hire and a strong team, we can take Skupos to new heights.
You are a strong and experienced software engineer who has substantial professional experience working with various systems, languages, frameworks, and design patterns. You have the desire to lead, design, and implement features in large applications. You are able to turn complex business requirements into robust and maintainable code. You have experience creating stable and reliable integrations between disparate business systems. You like making a measurable impact on the business and consistently seek to drive business value through technological solutions. You are a self-starter requiring minimal supervision, and you are motivated and inspired, delivering high quality work to make a big business impact.
Responsibilities. Your responsibilities will include:
- Rapidly develop proof of concept applications using full-stack skillset.
- Work with hardware, software, and API integrations
- Conduct R&D to determine project feasibility
- Collaborate and pair with other product engineering team members to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Work with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand and testable
- Coordinate with team on project preparations; assist in developing project plans and proposals
- Research and recommend new technologies that will enhance team performance, improve project delivery times and decrease development stack overhead
- Build and maintain backend systems for distributed client management
- Build and maintain internal and external API to API integrations
Experience. Candidates should have:
- 4-year computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux/Unix systems administration
- OOP & FP design patterns
- Building and working with REST APIs (GraphQL experience a plus)
- Working with HTTP and Websocket communication
- Experience with frameworks; Koa.js, Electron.js, React.js, React Native is a plus
- Familiar with TCP/IP and networking is a plus
- SQL (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- In-memory caching and search indexing
- Worker thread pattern and job queues
- OOP & FP design patterns
- Building REST APIs (GraphQL experience a plus)
- Experience with languages; Ruby on Rails, Python is a plus
- Cloud and distributed services (AWS)
Salary is based on experience and location.
Salary range in Denver, CO: $95,000 - $120,000.
Benefits. What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Discretionary time off (DTO)
- Wellness stipend
- And more!
A Note on Covid...
We are fortunate to continue to grow during this unfortunate time. Our top priority is to ensure the health and safety of both our current and future Skupeeps.
As of July, our physical office spaces have reopened on a voluntary basis. Our Skuad members are allowed onsite if they are fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final vaccine dose). That being said, we will continue to manage our interview process virtually, don't be surprised if children or pets make an appearance.
We deeply care about you as our candidate, so let the People Team know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly - we are in your corner!