Software Engineer at BombBomb
Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
A Software Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them who produces quality results with a low frequency of serious defects. The Engineer is attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution; ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
Check out more about our Engineering team culture!
What you will do...
- Build beautiful and performant user interfaces with ReactJS continuously, beginning the first week of work.
- Develop reliable server-side software systems with NodeJS, PHP, Python and other technologies.
- Deliver software projects within agreed-upon timelines 90% of the time quarter over quarter.
- Actively engage and build relationships with Customer Success and Sales teams to improve understanding of customer needs, and reported issues and defects.
- Ensure critical defects in software should be very rare (< 1/50 releases) and fixes for these defects should be deployed within two hours of their release.
- Engage with fellow developers through code reviews or pair programming for 100% of all code prior to release in production.
- Work with our Automated Test Suite that is continuously grown along with feature development, targeting at least 80% code coverage, reported to a combined code coverage dashboard.
- Regularly measure software metrics, reported and relevant alarms are maintained in the production environment against agreed upon targets, displayed on a dashboard.
- Take an active role in investigation and validation of reported defects, integrating closely with Customer Success team to see issues to resolution.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Act without being told what to do. Bring new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Live up to verbal and written agreements.
- Flexible: Can bounce between projects day to to day.
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 2+ year(s) experience in web application development
- Familiarity with Agile / Kanban software development
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience working throughout the tech stack
- Your unique strengths - if you don't match everything we're looking for, tell us why you'd be a great fit in your cover letter.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 - $95,000 annually. Final compensation for this role is determined by a variety of factors, such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Work location expectations:
Our Engineering team allows for fully remote work, as well as the option to come into our office in Colorado Springs.
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible Paid Time Off program
- 8 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth