Software Engineer at ArcherDX
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
As a Software Engineer on the Oncology Web Applications team, you’ll play a central role in the development of a technology platform that is enabling precision oncology in laboratories and research centers around the world.
We will consider both remote and local candidates for this role.
What you should know about us:
- The challenges and rewards of working in cancer genomics ensure that we are never bored.
- We care deeply about the quality of what we build. In our domain, details really matter.
- We take joy in teamwork and collaboration.
- Our tech stack includes Django, Django Rest Framework, Swagger, Postgres, React.js, D3, SCSS, AWS, VMWare, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, and Git.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Developing and maintaining features of existing and forthcoming oncology-focused web applications
- Writing structured, tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Participating in code reviews to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Identifying root cause of production issues and writing tests that provide proper test coverage
- Drafting and maintaining detailed design documentation
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Industry experience with full stack architecture and distributed systems
- Multiple years of industry experience with backend or frontend frameworks such as:
- Industry experience with automated testing and CI/CD tooling
- Hands-on experience with databases (tuning and query optimization a plus)
- Hands-on experience with REST API architecture, implementation, and documentation
Bonus points for experience with and/or enthusiasm for:
- Working in a regulated field (e.g., aerospace, medical devices)
- Working under a controlled software development life cycle
- Scrum / Agile methodology
- Molecular biology / genomics
- An appetite for continuous improvement
- Insatiable curiosity
- Humility in the face of data
- Never a victim of fate, but a champion of progress
- Discipline to follow process in a high-risk environment
- An ability to communicate complex issues with clarity, respect, and tact
- A desire to be part of a tight-knit team of smart, passionate engineers, designers, and scientists
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $115k
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.