Who We Are
At CampMinder, we build beautiful, intuitive, web-based systems to streamline summer camp business operations. Since 2001, CampMinder has been an industry leader serving over 900 camps and 500k+ campers throughout the United States and beyond.
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, CampMinder cultivates a purpose-driven, values-led culture. Our #1 priority is employee engagement. Engaged employees bring their best selves to work which helps create a powerful experience for our clients. That's why our mission is to foster a world where work is fulfilling and life is fun -for the employees, camps, and families we serve. This focus has resulted in being named one of Outside Magazine’s Best Places to Work in America (2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020), an INC. Magazine Best Workplace (2019), one of Built in Colorado’s Best Places to Work in Colorado (2019, 2020, and 2021), and a Colorado Company to Watch (2018).
We are a highly collaborative and transparent organization, with a culture rooted in our core values. Product and Engineering team members work closely together. We value brainstorming and solving problems as teams, rather than individually. We don’t always agree on everything, but we resolve our differences respectfully.
We break our work down in small portions and fully embrace Agile methodologies.
Two years ago, we began building a new platform with Go (Golang) microservices and containerization using Docker and Kubernetes. This new platform works in tandem with our existing back-end (built in .Net, C# and MSSQL) and powers our new mobile/web UIs, built in React Native and ReactJS.
It's an exciting time to be a part of CampMinder's Engineering team, as we embark on the challenge of maintaining (and integrating with) our existing system while implementing new technologies, functionality, and products.
About the Role:
In this role you will be a part of the team that continues to build out this new technology and integrates with the legacy platform.
You could be a great fit for our team if you:
- Share our core values: Find A Better Way, Own it, Be Admirable, Put Team First, Wonder, Give Joy
- Want to dive in and figure things out independently
- Are willing to challenge the status quo, constantly looking for ways to improve things
- Are willing to express your thoughts and also consider the ideas and opinions of others
- Are always asking what is best for the team, the company, and the customers
- Are confident but humble; exhibiting a high EQ (emotional intelligence)
- Have a desire to learn and use the right tool for each job (i.e. you’re not tied to a professional identity as a “[some technology] developer.” You identify as a software engineer or a technologist.
- 5+ years of professional experience creating and maintaining the back-end function of a complex, large-scale software product/s
- Mastery of back-end technologies, designing and building, REST APIs and microservices
- Strong hands-on experience with Golang microservices
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker orchestrated, containerized API in production
- Implementation of both synchronous and asynchronous communication in distributed systems
- Direct experience with object oriented language such as .NET C# or Java
- Experience with message brokers and messaging
- Logging tools and patterns
- Cloud platforms including Azure, Amazon Web Services, and Google Cloud
- Automated testing, continuous integration, and delivery and deployment tools
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc...
- Source control Git, GitLab
- Monitoring, alerting and analytics of production systems
- Windows and Unix/Linux based environments
- Agile development methodologies, and pair programming
Nice to have:
- SQL Server
- SQL Server CDC usage
- “EFK” - Elasticsearch, FluentD, Kibana logging stack
- K8S observability stack: Open Census, Prometheus, Jaeger, Grafana
Due to COVID-19, all CampMinder employees are working from home for the immediate future. We ask that you have a reliable, high-speed internet connection and be available during standard business hours. In the event we reopen the office in some capacity, you will need to live within reasonable commuting distance from the office in Boulder, Colorado and be willing to work on-site at least 2-3 days per week.
CampMinder Employee Benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid parental leave for all new parents, including via surrogacy and foster care
- Company-paid disability and life insurance
- 401k with 4% company matching
- Trust-Based (flexible) PTO Flexibility to WFH to as needed to accommodate for family needs, focused work time, etc.
- Monthly wellness allowance
- Supportive co-workers and leadership
- Focus on learning and growth
- Onsite office benefits:
- Weekly fresh fruit, snacks, coffee, catered all-company lunch meetings
- Close to walking paths and food trucks
- Well-behaved dogs welcome!
- Lockers and shower - get your mid-day workout in!
Our target hiring range is $105,000 - $135,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience, skills and education.
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all, including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, women, and members of the LGBTQ+ community. We welcome and encourage applications from people with these identities or members of other marginalized groups.