Software Engineer at Formstack
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 14-year-old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced full-stack developer talented in PHP 7.3+, Laravel, mySQL, and Git. You are a problem solver and are motivated to learn. You are able to help plan features from problem statements and loosely defined requirements. You are able to break large projects in manageable chunks to make them easier to work on and consume. You aren’t scared to be wrong and don’t always have to be right, and you have the ability to leave your ego at the door. You can set measurable goals for yourself and you take the team and personal responsibility seriously. There are opportunities to develop UI elements in React yourself, so a basic understanding of front-end technologies (Angular.js, ReactJS, CSS, and web components) is desirable.
What You Will Do:
- Your primary focus will be creating, improving, and maintaining features on our Forms and Documents SaaS platforms and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will execute projects, fix bugs, write tests, reduce technical debt, and maintain our documentation.
- You will collaborate with various teams such as development, design, and product management on a daily basis to make sure what we are creating will support both our internal and external stakeholders.
- You will work with a Scrum methodology to make sure features ship as they are planned and scheduled.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- 3+ years of relevant experience as a software developer in PHP 7.x and frameworks such as Laravel to write applications and build RESTful APIs, including the use of unit tests
- Solid foundation in writing queries and updating mySQL databases and creating schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and software design patterns
- Experience with Git (preferred) or other similar source control system
- Ability to write tests and perform code reviews
- Ability to work remotely and with remote team members
- A positive, can-do attitude that is genuine and infectious
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to document proper requirements for short-term and long-term project success
- Willingness and desire to learn and embrace new web technologies as they evolve
- Experience with microservices
- Experience with high-performance systems
- Good understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3 and React/AngularJS
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees
- 401k with matching company contribution for full-time employees
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings