Software Engineer at Location3
Creative Thinkers, Data Geeks & Digital Experts - Location3 is a digital marketing agency that delivers enterprise-level strategy with local market activation. Founded in 1999 and located in the heart of Denver, Location3 has a staff of 55+ full-time employees who develop and execute digital marketing strategies for global, national and local brands. More than half of Location3’s client base has worked with the agency for at least three years, as Location3 improves the digital performance of client partners in industries such as Travel & Hospitality, Education, Healthcare, Restaurants, Retail, Financial Services, Telecomm, Franchise Systems and more.
Location3 is looking for passionate people with innovative thinking who want to work with a performance-driven team. We emphasize working hard to bring our clients the results they seek and celebrating those wins together in a positive and fun work environment. We offer the benefit of being a remote work organization, but we also strongly believe that collaboration is key to driving outcomes. Our company culture, our ongoing education and training programs, and our technology infrastructure all contribute to that goal. We also believe that bonding is equally important - whether it's in-person or over Zoom. We have dedicated annual company events like golf day, ski day, and monthly events like town halls, team happy hours, team trivia and team cooking demonstrations that help to create synergy among colleagues and teams. On top of working and playing hard together, we also offer a very competitive benefits package, complete with medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, a wellbeing stipend, summer and fall Fridays, remote work equipment, and more.
About the Software Engineer position
We are looking for a Software Engineer who will assist us with design, development and support of our core software application (LOCALACT). We’re a small team and are looking for engineers who are excited to work on various parts of the full web application stack and enjoy the fast pace and visibility that comes with the small team and company vibe. We’re looking at major updates in both the user interface, data space (including AI based applications), and adding API interfaces to new systems. This role will be directly involved in those efforts and other new and exciting work in the digital marketing space!
Your duties will include code design and development, bug support, and participating in the full Agile lifecycle. You should be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Software Engineer responsibilities are:
- Organize full lifecycle software development
- Prepare specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Prepare software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Organize documenting and maintenance of software functionality
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Evaluate and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Provide support and consulting on software systems usage
- Ensure compliance with project plans and industry standards
Software Engineer requirements are:
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- Familiar with RESTful APIs
- Experience with .Net or service-based applications
- 5 years' experience of working as a Software Engineer or Software Developer position
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework, such as ASP.NET, JSF, Wicket, GWT or Spring MVC
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (Entity Framework, Dapper, Hibernate)
- Good experience in designing interactive applications and with test-driven development
- Knowledge to develop software in C#, Java or other similar languages
- Close familiarity with software engineering tools, software development methodology and release processes
- Familiar with Angular
- Familiar with .NET Core
- Familiar with Microsoft Azure & Azure Pipelines
- Familiar with NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, Cosmos DB)
- SaaS based system experience
- Experience in documenting requirements and specifications
- Digital marketing experience