Software Engineer at Prove (Formerly Payfone)
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (MST) on Saturday, December 19, 2020
Prove is the modern platform for continuous identity authentication and is used by over 1,000 enterprises and 500 financial institutions including 7 of the top 10 U.S. banks. Prove’s cloud solutions and mobile intelligence -driven APIs can be easily orchestrated to increase Approve Rates to over 90%, enabling companies to authenticate customer identities accurately, effortlessly, and privately, while mitigating fraud. Prove’s solutions are available in 195 countries. For the latest updates from Prove, follow us on LinkedIn.
As we continue to scale our company, we are looking for people who know how to make an impact. We’re talking self-starting professionals who thrive in a fast-paced environment, process information quickly and make intelligent decisions. The work is challenging and requires not only smarts, but natural curiosity and tenacity. Teamwork is also important to us – we work together and play together.
Prove has big plans; we’re excited and optimistic about the future. If this sounds like a career for you – come check us out.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a small team designing and developing the infrastructure powering the next generation of mobile identity. Learning from senior developers through mentoring and experience while also leveraging your existing knowledge and passion for excellence, you will help to deliver well-thought-out software solutions as part of a fault-tolerant, scalable platform utilizing a variety of cutting edge technologies. This is a hands-on role where you will need to demonstrate the skills, confidence, and willingness to learn from senior engineering and product management team members to deliver solutions that will delight our customers.
What You Are Accountable For
As a member of the development team, the Software Engineer is expected to:
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code that meets coding standards
- Ensure designs comply with requirements, perform code reviews
- Exercise creative thinking and imagination to find solutions to hard problems
- React quickly to changing customer and business needs
- Contribute independently on projects
- Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership
- Exhibit a strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training
What We Require
- 3 to 4 years of hands-on Software Development experience
>1+ years of experience working in Java and Kafka
>1+ years of experience at a tech start-up
- Experience in working in teams growing from less than 5 engineers to 50+ is a big plus
- College degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Experience with the Spring Framework and building JSON API’s
- Experience working with both SQL and No-SQL database solutions
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, docker, kerbernates, etc. is a plus
- Experience with mobile development a plus
-Promote, maintain and enhance our cultural values of humility, passion, inclusion and leadership.
-Strong passion for learning our products and markets through in-house and external training.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Prove is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
Read Full Job Description