Software Engineer at Workiva
At Workiva, we want engineers that are product builders. If you don't want to settle for "just doing the ticket", and if you want to be empowered to change the product to solve customer problems, you'll love it here. The technologies you know before-hand, or the technologies you leverage while solving problems, matter less than making software that real people enjoy using.
Workiva wants every team and individual to have autonomy and ownership over their team's deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva's teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to team projects and deliver individual level technical solutions
- Perform Code Reviews within your team's products or components
Test software and write automated tests (unit, integration, functional, etc)
- Debug components within your service or application context
Analyze data to assess and understand solutions developed by your team
- Estimate your own work with guidance
- Write and document code with clearly defined requirements
- Communicate individual work to your team and diverse technical audiences
- Assist in triaging and resolving production issues
- May participate in product discovery activities with customers and stakeholders
- May participate in the hiring process
- Demonstrated proficiency in programming to include a solid foundation in computer science, with competencies one or more of: data structures, algorithms, object-oriented software design, and working with cloud-based distributed systems.
- Some experience debugging systems or applications
- Experience using one or more commercial databases
- Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, relational databases, REST and other modern web protocols, and/or Mobile computing
- Familiarity building one or more of unit, integration, functional user acceptance, or contract tests
- Experience working in an agile development environment preferred
- Experience developing for service-oriented architecture is a plus
- Experience with Docker or other container systems is a plus
- Experience with active or passive monitoring is a plus
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we've created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: We rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need-backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought-to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. At Workiva, you'll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ+), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.