Greater Denver Area
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup building Mach-2.2 passenger airliners. Think Concorde but 75% more affordable to fly. Imagine a day trip from New York to London—3h15 each way. Fly to London for a business meeting and be home in time to tuck your children into bed. Boom's first prototype will rollout by summer of 2020.
Boom’s outstanding team comes from places like Amazon, SpaceX, Scaled Composites, and Virgin Galactic. Team members have collectively contributed to 40+ new air and space vehicles, including the Falcon 9, Virgin SpaceShipTwo, and the Joint Strike Fighter.
The company is backed by venture capital firms including Emerson Collective, Y Combinator, Caffeinated Capital, and SV Angel as well as individuals including Sam Altman, Paul Graham, Ron Conway, Michael Marks, and Greg McAdoo.
At Boom, you’ll have world-class colleagues and a flexible work environment. We don’t punch a clock, offer unmetered vacation time, and value our employees’ comprehensive well-being.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
Boom is seeking someone to join our small, but expert, team of software engineers building the tools to support Boom's aerospace engineering teams. You must deeply enjoy working side-by-side with your users (our aerospace engineers) and picking up whatever tools & technologies will best suit the team's current needs.
A Software Engineer at Boom means being a solid individual contributor on one or more projects, able to change tech stacks as needed, and optimistically approaching new aviation and business problems to explore how software can help. A typical day will include hands-on coding, making software design decisions, contributing to daily stand-up meetings & other sprint activities, and working with in-house users.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science (or equivalent)
- Experience with multiple programming languages / environments
- Exposure to DevOps (Linux, public cloud, Docker)
- Exposure to databases (SQL or noSQL)
- Experience collaborating with others (e.g. customers, product owners, testing team) on commercial software projects
- History of structured, collaborative software development environments (source code control, peer reviews, team oriented software development process)
- Technical curiosity and willingness to explore beyond your previous experience
- Eagerness to dive deep into the aerospace industry and understand its terminology, nuances, and methods
It would be great if you had:
- Proficient in Python or Go
- Front end web experience, such as: Vue, Vuex, CSS, responsive layout
- Distributed or multi-threaded development (web architectures, microservices, client/server) experience
- Experience with Time Series data or multi-terabyte scale datasets
- Experience building software for performance critical environments
- Technical Leadership experience
- A GitHub account with examples of your work
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description