Altvia is seeking a passionate candidate for our Software Engineer role. You will be part of a small product development team that uses an agile development process with regular releases, and you will be responsible for developing and maintaining our products’ software, as well as managing the cloud-based infrastructure that it depends on.
You will build web-based products for the private equity industry with guidance from the product team. Your development responsibilities will include architecting, refining requirements, designing, developing and testing new features and products. You will also be assisting in investigating, troubleshooting, and fixing production problems for our customers.
You will also assist in provisioning, configuring and managing infrastructure and daily operations for our products as needed. Our infrastructure we manage is based on Amazon AWS, and we use Cloud66 to help offload most of the lower-level details of server management.
We are Altvia, a premier Salesforce.com partner that operates at the intersection of finance and technology. We deliver software solutions for Private Equity Fund Managers and Investors. At Altvia, we believe that exceptional employees are not only the key to our success, but also to our customers’ success.
You’ll Thrive Here If:
- You love being part of a tight-knit company that values its employees and has a great culture
- You like working on a cohesive team, are a team player and get along well with others
- You have a passion to produce high quality software to maintain the trust of our highly valued customers
- You have a strong focus on supporting your peers and our customers
- You are a self-starter and love to learn new things
- You manage priorities well, have excellent time management skills, and are flexible
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail, but are also pragmatic
- You are a great communicator. You speak up when you have ideas and love asking questions to help you continually learn
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and support new and existing product lines
- Help manage our self-hosted products’ infrastructure and daily operations as needed
- Work closely with our product team on a daily basis to determine priorities and requirements for our products
- Work closely with our customer solutions and sales teams to investigate and solve customer problems as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years of software development experience is preferred
- Computer Science degree or relevant work experience
- Experience developing Ruby applications (Ruby on Rails, Sinatra, etc)
- Full stack web development experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility of tasks, and be detail oriented
- Knowledge of relational databases, data modeling and SQL
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum development principles
Bonus Points for:
- Cloud-based devops experience
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus but not required
What We Have:
- An amazing company culture that shines through in an open office environment that includes ping pong, foosball, a full kitchen, and tons of team activities - both in and out of the building
- We value flexibility and a healthy work/life balance
- Opportunity to work for an entrepreneurial minded company in an exciting phase of growth
- Competitive compensation package including 100% paid coverage for the employee for Health, Dental, Life, Disability benefits and 50% paid coverage for Health and Dental for all dependents
- Flexible Time Off Policy and lots of company paid Holidays
- 401(k) participation and a company match after a 6 month waiting period
This position is a full time position based in our Broomfield, CO office. No relocation assistance is provided.
Altvia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.