NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations.
As a highly skilled software engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun, and growing team responsible for implementing and enhancing our CI/CD infrastructure and automation for improved integration of software assets.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving, learning, and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re seeking!
What you will do
As a part of the team, this individual will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and administer Software configuration management tools and processes.
- Design & implement reliable build/test automation framework.
- Configure and manage CI/CD infrastructure resources.
- Perform system-level triage/debugging.
What skills you possess
We believe strongly in automation and short build/test cycle times, so experience in implementing solutions to increase automation and decrease cycle times is a big plus. The candidate should be self-driven and have a background in build processes, scripting, and automation.
- Experience with Linux OS (Debian/Gentoo distros preferred)
- Experience in software development utilizing C++, Java, or Python
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, or similar technologies
- Knowledge of Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Mercurial and/or Git SCM
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability on multiple successful, complex technical projects
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-4 years of experience in a CI/CD environment, or an additional 2 years of experience in lieu of degree
What skills you might also possess
- Experience integrating development and test tools (static test, dynamic test, code coverage, etc.)
- Hands on knowledge of build systems infrastructure; comfortable with configuring hardware, networks, software, virtualization (ESX, Xen), etc.
- Experience with Atlassian tools suite
- Experience with Artifactory
What You'll Love About Us
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!
Read Full Job Description