At GutCheck, we pioneered agile market research to provide our clients with actionable answers and insights, globally, at the speed of their business. We believe in the power of consumer research, and we are dedicated to providing best-in-class solutions. By challenging the status quo to get to something better, we are continually evaluating new, innovative ways to take tried-and-true methods and make them more agile to best support our clients, helping them think smarter and act faster.
About the Role
Recognized as an expert in the field, and being knowledgeable of emerging trends and industry practices, you will conduct the most complex and vital work critical to the engineering department. You will help GutCheck differentiate based on our technology ensuring our competitive advantage in the marketplace thereby creating value for the company, including high impact projects such as automation, platform development, and big data integration.
What You'll Do:
- Tee It Up! Live by and champion our cultural values of Team, Educated Opinion, Economic Thinking, Intellectual Honesty, and Trust
- Bring a passion for learning, contributing to keeping our application up-to-speed with the latest proven technologies and design approaches
- You will be responsible for maintaining and creating products within all-tiers of our technology stack (AngularJS, Java, Postgres, Wildfly)
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well-informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
- You’ll work on improving our existing Market Research Platform
- We're an agile, fast-growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
What You May Also Do:
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives
- 3rd party integrations
- Typically you’ll have three to five years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- You have strong communication skills and ability to work with corporate stakeholders and technical experts (and you’ll get that chance!)
- You have demonstrated knowledge of SQL
- You are not afraid to dig into new technologies to help solve problems
- You are comfortable collaborating with the UI/UX team to turn ideas into software
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup environment
- You’re a high-level critical thinker who is capable of solving complex problems
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- You have knowledge of ORM Frameworks (e.g. Hibernate/JPA) or BPM tools (jBPM, etc)
- You have experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, Dynamo, etc.)
- You have experience with Selenium automation testing framework
- You have experience with Unit Testing frameworks (e.g. Jasmine, Karma, Junit, Mockito, Arquillian, etc.)
GutCheck is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.