Software Engineer at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:00 p.m. (MST) on Saturday, February 1, 2020
As an Engineer at Pie Insurance, you’ll be a member of one of the teams within engineering that are responsible for delivering platforms and applications that are transforming the commercial insurance market.
How You'll Do It
Engineers are driven by engineering excellence and create clean code that is a joy for other engineers to maintain and is highly testable. You must be as comfortable refactoring code as you coding a solution from scratch. You have a burning desire to continue to hone your development skill set. Debugging is one of your core competencies. You’ll be collaborating with other world-class engineers to drive automation, leverage our analytics, and create awe-inspiring user experiences. This is a dynamic startup environment; you must love being heads down coding in the morning and performing root cause analysis on a production issue in the afternoon.
Whether it's Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer. We are a start-up so hands and minds are needed at peak efficiency.
The Right Stuff
- 2-5 years of industrial strength engineering development and delivery of large scale systems that had rigorous systemic quality requirements and/or delightful user interfaces.
- Have worked extensively in an Agile/SCRUM development methodology
- Have worked in CI/CD Environments
- Love solving complex problems
- Must be adaptable.
- We are a startup and you need to thrive in a highly dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or equivalent years of experience
- Strong knowledge of procedural programming languages such as C# or Java, network protocols, specifically HTTP, and JSON. We are a .NET Core shop.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL databases, specifically MongoDB, Web Sockets, messaging systems, specifically RabbitMQ and have worked with integrating APIs from 3rd parties.
- Ideally, developed RESTful APIs
- API Integration Experience
- Experience creating applications using responsive design
If you are a server-side developer you’ll need the following skills:
If you have more a user interface developer you’ll need the following skills:
Working At Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing InsurTech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description