Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all-in-one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Thousands of organizations, including over 70% of the 500 largest U.S. corporations by total revenue, use Wdesk.
This Software Engineer position joins a team building services and features for Workiva's SOX and Audit solutions. We expect upcoming work to support new types of audits, evidence files, or workflows that customers cannot currently do in Wdesk. We also routinely work on improving performance, user efficiency, and user experience in the application. Workiva uses a tight feedback loop with customers to re-prioritize work accordingly in an Agile development process. We're committed to solving real customer problems and use this feedback loop to ensure we're delighting them with our solutions.
The team routinely works full-stack. The frontend is a single-page application leveraging Dart, HTML5, and CSS. The backend services are in Python, Java, and Kotlin, deployed in a Cloud environment using Kubernetes and Amazon AWS.
Workiva wants every team (and every individual) to have autonomy and ownership over their team's deployment, production monitoring, and architecture. We facilitate this by helping individuals grow over time in expertise and with opportunities to lead. Since engineers collaborate with the rest of Workiva's teams to build a cohesive product, leadership and communication skills lead to growth and opportunity here.
What You'll Need:
- BS CS/EE/CE, or equivalent job experience
- Experience with Git/GitHub or other distributed VCS
- Excellent problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly understand complex problems, ask good questions, and contribute to thoughtful solutions
- Ability to scale solutions
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved
- Dart, Java, Kotlin Python, Docker, Kubernetes (we know these can be learned)
- AWS or Google Cloud Platform technologies
- Experience writing code that works across all platforms and browsers
- Experience with the latest in HTML5 and related technologies like Dart, React, and Redux