NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
As an experienced Software Engineer on our team, you will work as part of a truly innovative, fun and growing team responsible for developing, testing and debugging our new Hyper-Converged Infrastructure product. You will focus on new product development and enhancements to existing products.
If you are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done, you may be just the person we’re looking for!
What You Will Do:
NetApp SolidFire is actively seeking an experienced Software Engineer to create innovative and highly functional web applications.
- Design, implement and verify features, systems, and subsystems.
- Provide technical leadership and participate in technical decisions.
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department and company goals.
Some technologies you’ll be working with may include Python and Go.
Qualified candidates must be self-driven, team-oriented, and have a strong background delivering applications across the full spectrum of web development.
- Experience building complex, efficient web applications
- Use test-driven development to guide implementation
- Experience interacting with and building web APIs (REST, JSON-RPC)
- Linux platform experience (additional OS and/or VMware ESX is a plus)
- Understanding of software frameworks and the ability to pick up new frameworks quickly
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert on team projects
- Demonstrate favorable results through coaching and influencing others
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and individually to meet aggressive goals and high-quality standards
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience with containers and VMs in a DevOps environment.
- Experience with network programming/debugging/configuration.
- Experience working with Docker and/or Jenkins as a build and test environment.
- Experience working in Agile/SAFe environments.
- Experience building and debugging enterprise-scale applications.
Typically requires a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical field
What You'll Love About Us:
- Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
- Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
- Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
- Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
- Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
- Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!