Who we are...
Connecting people in a more meaningful way is not just what BombBomb’s software delivers - it’s what drives our teams every day. Through simple, personal video, we aim to Rehumanize communication. Our team is resourceful and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We’re close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. If you are seeking a dynamic workplace and new challenges, we want to hear from you!
Who we're looking for...
A Software Engineer eager to learn and collaborate with those around them who produces quality results with a low frequency of serious defects. The Engineer is attentive to the needs of the quality feedback loop, from report to resolution; ability to take ideas and requirements from concept to completion and engage those who are crucial to the project’s success.
What you will do...
- Build beautiful and performant user interfaces with ReactJS continuously, beginning the first week of work.
- Develop reliable server-side software systems with NodeJS, PHP, Python and other technologies.
- Deliver software projects within agreed-upon timelines 90% of the time quarter over quarter.
- Actively engage and build relationships with Customer Success and Sales teams to improve understanding of customer needs, and reported issues and defects.
- Ensure critical defects in software should be very rare (< 1/50 releases) and fixes for these defects should be deployed within two hours of their release.
- Engage with fellow developers through code reviews or pair programming for 100% of all code prior to release in production.
- Work with our Automated Test Suite that is continuously grown along with feature development, targeting at least 80% code coverage, reported to a combined code coverage dashboard.
- Regularly measure software metrics, reported and relevant alarms are maintained in the production environment against agreed upon targets, displayed on a dashboard.
- Take an active role in investigation and validation of reported defects, integrating closely with Customer Success team to see issues to resolution.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service
- Proactivity: Act without being told what to do. Bring new ideas to the company.
- Persistence: Demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Attention to Detail: Do not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Follow-Through on Commitments: Live up to verbal and written agreements.
- Flexible: Can bounce between projects day to to day.
Our ideal candidate will be or have...
- 2-4 years experience in web application development
- Familiarity with Agile / Kanban software development
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience working throughout the tech stack
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes...
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- Flexible PTO program
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education/Development for your career growth