As a Software Engineer within our data engineering group, you will collaborate with cross-functional database and product development teams as we accomplish building a scalable and reliable infrastructure for our leading-edge Enterprise Data Platform.
You will be a key contributor for the development of a new modern data platform that will be the foundation for all HG data products and services. You will drive end to end delivery of quality solutions within an autonomous team aka “Squad” using Agile / Scrum methodologies. You will also collaborate with other Squads to set standards, technology and architecture direction, and ensure consistent, high-quality solutions are being delivered to our customers.
What you will do:
- Be the subject matter expert for consumption layer data (including API development), providing guidance to teams on best practices, capabilities and limitations
- Research and prototype new technologies
- Oversee data transformation, normalization, cleansing, aggregation, workflow management and business rule application
- Contribute to the development of architectural roadmaps and perform periodic reviews to identify improvement opportunities.
- Enable integration and deployment tools and methods for managing reliable development life cycle routines
- Gain exposure (or continued expertise) in data warehousing, high availability and streaming data processing
- Create and maintain documentation to support developed applications
What You Will Bring:
- Experience designing, managing, and querying databases (SQL or NoSQL)
- Knowledge and exposure to building scalable, distributed systems in cloud environments, such as AWS components S3, EC2, EMR, ECS
- Test-driven development (TDD) and creating unit tests
- Proficient in one of the following languages: Python, Node.js or Java
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark, Streamsets, Kafka, Snowflake, Scala, Groovy and/or Jenkins is a plus
- Previous exposure to healthcare data, HL7 and/or HIPAA also a plus
- Designing, building, maintaining, and accessing RESTful APIs
- Understanding of web-based back end architecture and technologies (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.)
At Healthgrades, we recognize that our people drive our greatest achievements. We are passionate about maintaining a fulfilling, rewarding and energetic work environment while setting the stage for continued success.
- Meaningful Work – helping Americans connect with their healthcare providers
- Changing the Game – evolving culture with career advancement opportunities
- Community Builders – partnering with local charity and wellness initiatives
- Robust Perks – generous PTO, 401k contributions, tuition assistance, entertainment discounts and more!