At Workiva we create best-in-class, next-generation collaborative solutions for enterprise productivity. We pride ourselves on bringing the consumer level user experience to business users. We love our customers, and they love us back. We hire smart, talented people with a wide range of skills who are hungry to tackle some of today's most challenging problems. Workiva started with an idea: to make complex collaboration easy. Wdesk is an all in one platform that simplifies complex collaboration while keeping data in sync, thus reducing risk. Wdesk is being used by thousands of companies globally, including 65% of the Fortune 500. We boast a 96% customer satisfaction rating
Software Engineers on the Data Services team are responsible for developing software solutions in a cloud-based environment on the latest technologies to unify data and support a data driven organization. They work in an agile team environment, implementing internal customer and system user stories on a variety of platforms, technologies, and programming languages. They specialize in creating databases and integrating data from multiple sources, data modeling, extracting data, and writing code to provide business intelligence
What You'll Do:
- Create, modify, and test code that meets internal customer requirements
- Work in Amazon Web Services to design innovative components to populate an enterprise wide data warehouse
- Collaborate on design and implementation of processes to support ad hoc data analysis and integrations between disparate SaaS systems
- Build data integration flows supported by monitoring, instrumentation, and automated testing utilizing Python code
- During the support rotation;
- Ensure the availability of the data warehouse and components. Includes acknowledging system alerts, determining if action is required (triage), and potential escalation to other internal teams and/or vendors.
- Assist data warehouse users with questions.
- Coordinate and execute planned releases.
What You'll Need:
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with one or more of the commercial databases – Redshift, Oracle, DB2, SQL server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Experience in SQL and programming in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C#
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, database design, HTTP and web protocols are a plus
- Ability to work with multiple internal stakeholders across many different parts of Workiva
- B.S/M.S. in computer science, software engineering, or related field preferred