Software Engineer - R&D
Are you ready to join a software team whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love building highly scalable, distributed systems and helping to grow a successful business, then Tendril might be the place for you.
Tendril’s Research and Development (R&D) team is rapidly bringing innovative, new products and features to market focused on energy efficiency, consumer engagement and analytics. We have established a cross-functional product development team made up of passionate Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Product and Creative professionals, and need to add an experienced Staff Software Engineer to our team.
As a member of the R&D team, you will be working from our Boulder, CO office, architecting and building software on our modern, cloud-based technology stack. You’re a motivated, skilled technical leader who loves to work with big data, write high-quality testable code, and practice the craft of software development. You enjoy bringing new products to market - whether you’re building a quick prototype or architecting an elegant, scalable system.
What You’ll Do
- Work as an integral member of our Research & Development team.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to define, architect, and implement highly scalable solutions.
- Participate in an innovative Lean product development process, where you get to choose what you work on every week.
- Heavily influence technical product roadmap and implementation direction.
- Build, deploy and support data-intensive applications in a multi-tier, high availability, distributed cloud-computing environment.
What You Bring To Tendril
- A BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics or Math OR equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience.
- A proven track record of technical team leadership.
- Polyglot with an attitude of flexibility and a pragmatic approach towards business solutions.
- Solid experience with scaling high availability systems and/or heavy web traffic.
- A solid understanding of TDD approaches and automated testing concepts.
- Experience with concurrency, relational databases, RESTful web services, distributed data processing, and Agile methodologies.
- Excitement about influencing the direction of the product.
- Ability to consider the big picture is just as important as your technical skills.
Technologies We Use
- Cloud Environment
- AWS (EC2, RDS, Lambdas)
- AWS ECS, Fargate, EKS
- Programming languages
- Data stack
- Spectrum / Athena
- Important libraries
- Distributed data processing experience
- Machine learning strategies and concepts
- Build tools (Maven, SBT, Gradle)
If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Tendril’s high energy, sometimes silly, fast-paced work environment will keep you engaged, motivated, and well fed. Work-life balance is a core priority at Tendril. We work hard and we play hard and often the two overlap. We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous stock options plan and a 401(k) plan;
- Full reimbursement of bus and light rail passes;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.