Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety and increase efficiency. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, Koch Disruptive Technologies, and other top-tier investors. For more information, visit www.outrider.ai
The Software Engineer position will report to the Sr. Manager of Software Engineering and will support software based triaging, bug fixes and feature implementation for Outrider’s autonomous vehicle software stack. This position requires software experience, specifically with C++ and python, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to learn in unstructured environments.
Duties & Key Objectives
- Perform triaging for software based issues reported by field and support teams
- Assist in implementation, maintenance and bug fixes for various software components of autonomous vehicle systems
- Design and implement tooling for robotics and autonomy applications
- 1-3 year(s) professional C++ software experience
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/EE or related field
- Exposure to ROS or other middleware
- Exposure to Git
- Strong communication skills
- Masters degree in CS/CE/EE or related field
- Professional experience with ROS or other middleware
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Experience with Python
- Exposure to Docker
Compensation & benefits
- Salary range of $110,000 - $130,000. For benefits, check this out!
At Outrider, we believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, experiences, and knowledge with the expectation that we thrive in an inclusive environment. Outrider is committed to a workforce where everyone's opportunities are limitless regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any others that are protected by law.