Software Engineer, Windows OS Internals
You are an experienced Windows development engineer specializing in Windows programming, C/C++. You have good familiarity with the Windows API and you seek an opportunity to add cutting-edge malware/information security experience to your repertoire. We are seeking to empower a Windows development engineer with the ability to building world-class internet security applications used by millions of consumers and businesses around the world. You will have the potential to increase your experience with Windows OS level interfaces, your programming skills in C and C++, and your experience at Windows development. Apply today.
In this job you will:
- Design and develop in C and C++, the technologies behind our next-generation endpoint client.
- The scope of your work will be broad and will include development on various layers of the Windows OS ranging from user-mode to potential work within our kernel drivers.
- Produce high quality, well-documented code promoting modularity, extensibility and performance.
You bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience utilizing C/C++ on Windows operating systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with software development utilizing Microsoft Visual Studio
- Familiarity with using source code repository tools with emphasis on Git
- Ability to analyze application issues using debugging techniques and tools
- Familiarity with the Windows registry as well as tools such as the Registry Editor for registry manipulation
- Familiarity with the underlying structures of the registry and NTFS/FAT file systems is a plus but not required
- Windows development at the kernel level is a plus but not required
- Understanding of OS internals and Windows API is a plus but not required
- Experience and/or familiarity with driver development is a plus but not required
- Experience in debugging techniques with any of WinDbg, OllyDbg, or IDA Pro is a plus but not required
- Familiarity with Wireshark, Fiddler, or other Network Sniffing tools is a plus but not required
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong team player
- Strong self-starter who is able to work independently without a high degree of supervision or guidance
- Passionate about protecting our customers and ensuring a good user experience