Software Engineer, University Grad 2019
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Available to start in Summer 2019
- BS and/or MS degree in computer science (or related technical field)
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in technologies such as React, Redux, Ruby, Rails, and GraphQL
- Appreciation for a test-driven, code review culture
- A drive to create well-structured and maintainable code that balances beauty and pragmatism
Here's more about the team with a few highlights from our engineering blog:
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals
- Our Principles and Values
- Learn more about our 2017 university engineering class!
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.