Software Engineer - TrainingPeaks at Peaksware
🔗 Website: https://www.trainingpeaks.com
📍 Location: Remote until June 2021
- Peaksware/TrainingPeaks employees are working remotely from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We will work with anyone hired during this period to accommodate remote onboarding to the best of our ability.
At TrainingPeaks, we are passionate about helping our customers achieve their fitness goals. TrainingPeaks creates smart and effective endurance training solutions, including web and mobile apps. Our products help athletes commit to a clear goal, structure their training to work out smarter, and monitor their progress as they work toward their event or goal.
Some of our partners include USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, British Cycling, British Triathlon, Triathlon Australia, US Rowing, and many more!
Our backend software engineers are responsible for creating and supporting sites and services that power our products. Our work is critical to the TrainingPeaks mission:
“Bringing coaches and athletes together, and helping them get better at what they love to do.”
See our blog for some of what we do
What will I do here?
- Play an integral part of designing, refactoring, and scaling our backend services and systems
- Share your experience and knowledge through a community of practice, mentorship and collaboration within and across teams
- Help make decisions to continuously improve our agile workflow and practices for sustainable high performance
How will I make an impact?
- You bring unique experience and ideas to a team that values collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Influence architecture, resilience, and operational excellence of our platform
- Our products are used all around the globe by hundreds of thousands of athletes and coaches, which creates unique and interesting challenges to solve.
Our tech stack
- C#, .NET, .NET Core
- AWS, TDD, and CI/CD
- 5+ years industry experience at scale of backend systems, APIs, storage and compute
- Body of work that includes architecture, design, refactoring, testing, deployment, and DevOps knowledge producing highly readable and testable code and resilient services.
- Experience with and desire to mentor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Like our customers, commitment to continuous improvement of yourself and your team
- Experience as an endurance coach and/or athlete is a plus but not a requirement
Peaksware/TrainingPeaks is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role is $61,957 - $103,261. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks:
- 100% company-paid Medical for employees with buy-up options
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Additional coverage options such as accident and critical illness insurance and hospital indemnity
Disability and Life
- Company-paid Short Term Disability
- Company-paid Long Term Disability
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Employee-paid Supplemental Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse, and/or Child
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- Significant investment in resources for employee development and professional growth
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to on-site workout room, including locker rooms and showers
- Secure on-site bike storage
- Access to our on-site music studio
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top-brand gear
- Access to nutritious snacks and devour hour, weekly subsidized lunch
*Please note - due to COVID-19 some perks are not readily available at this time.
Please contact [email protected] if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
TrainingPeaks is a member of the Peaksware family of companies including Alfred Publishing, MakeMusic, TrainingPeaks, and TrainHeroic. Peaksware was recognized as #15 on Built in Colorado's "Best Places to Work" list and five times by Outside Magazine's "Best Places to Work"! Through our unique approach to deliberate practice, each company within Peaksware develops software solutions to help users on their individual journeys of skill development and improvement.