Software Engineer in Test (SET) at NetApp
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services which simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premises environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation, and optimize their operations.
As a Software Engineer in Test (SET) in the Quality Engineering Organization, you will work as part of an innovative, fun, agile team. You will be responsible for planning, designing, automating and executing tests to enable us to ship products on time, with improving quality and within budget.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively within a team and cross-functional engineering groups
- Problem solving with problems that are complex in scope and require in-depth evaluation
- Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches, and with more interdependencies
- Plan, design and write automated tests
- Execute existing automated tests and triage failures
- Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring of others
- Limited supervision and direction is provided as this individual can operate, drive results, and set priorities independently
- 5+ years of professional experience in software product test development
- Extensive Python programming experience
- Experience with Test automation frameworks, tools, work flows and services
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Configuration Management and CI/CD, and the tools/applications involved
- Strong leadership skills in being a wholistic software test engineer
Plus to have:
- Experience operating within the SAFe agile framework
- Machine Learning: developing algorithms for analyzing data
- Experience using Jira
- Experience with Jenkins, Git, and Artifactory, or other similar tools in enterprise build/test environment
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience; or equivalent experience.
What You'll Love About Us
· Our Culture: It’s our culture and our people. If you ask anyone at NetApp why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: it’s the people.
· Our Location: We have a beautiful Boulder office, with amazing Flatiron views, on the vibrant downtown Pearl Street.
· Health Benefits: NetApp provides comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family.
· Financial and Savings Programs: Whether it’s flexible spending, stock purchases, or competitive retirement plans, we work with you to capitalize on total compensation now and into the future.
· Work Life balance and more: To make sure of work-life balance, we offer paid and volunteer time off, educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers.
· Global Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging: We fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds of all to cultivate a higher performing organization.
At NetApp, we take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do. Along the way, we’ve repeatedly transformed businesses and set industry standards. Now, more game-changing developments are in the pipeline, and behind our breakthroughs is an open, collaborative culture that fuels fresh ideas. By sharing our viewpoints, challenging our thinking, and empowering our people, we create unique and novel approaches to solving problems. Join us, and we’ll help each other do our best work!.