Software Engineer in Test (SDET)
Like solving BIG problems, tapping all of your experience? Then JumpCloud wants you. JumpCloud (https://jumpcloud.com/) is building a world-class team in a fast-paced startup environment. We are a small team striving to dislodge the greatest monopoly in the history of IT.
We’re looking for a software engineer to be the next member of our awesome QE team. You will be an integral member of the development team, helping to build the automation framework for the next generation of server management and directory software with a focus on driving quality and mitigating risk.
At JumpCloud we’re solving complex problems in the cloud using great technologies like MongoDB, GoLang, Vagrant, Docker, Saltstack, ELK Stack, Redis, etc.
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies and love creating high integrity, scalable, and testable code, this is really the job for you. We’re open-minded and we believe that good engineering is not technology specific.
What you’ll be doing: This role is writing code vs. pushing buttons. We are building out our own automation framework and looking for software engineers with a passion for quality to join us. We have a full featured API that we utilize.
- Work with the Development and QE teams with a focus on strengthening the design, usability, and testability of our code.
- Create various levels of automated tests
- Identify broken or poorly structured execution paths and establish mitigation plans
- Report and track bug cases providing test status and detailed reports
Skills and attributes we’d like you to have: You like to write code, are passionate about quality and think about the ROI of automating tests. You like to know how everything works from top to bottom, how the pieces fit together, and how the system works.
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies, languages, and frameworks
- 5+ years of professional programming experience. Go and/or Python would be ideal. Our initial framework is in Python and you'll help to extend that. We're looking for people with experience in multiple languages from C/C++ to Ruby to Perl.
- Skills with SQL and querying databases
- Comfortable with Linux/OSX/Unix as desktop development environment
- Bonus points: knowledge of non-relational databases, directory protocols, and network security.
- Developing testable SaaS applications in the cloud (AWS/GCE)
- Strong team player, we are both Agile and agile, and we’re a team that’s constantly working together
- Passion for product and customer, not just for code.
Where you’ll be working: Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder. While we are happy to consider candidates who are willing to relocate, we are not able to process visas or transfers at this time.
Why JumpCloud? You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about.
This is a great place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with top developers and product folks as well as some of the best architects in the country to build a worldwide customer base. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches to building a high-performance product will be valued!
If you enjoy solving challenging technical problems using the latest technologies, then this is the job for you.
Please submit your résumé along with a brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud.