Software Engineer in Test - Python (Remote - US) at Automox
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:31 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, December 14, 2021
Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
You are a seasoned Software Developer or Software Development Engineer in Test who is passionate about delivering a high-quality product at a fast pace. You write code that you are proud of and can hit the ground running. You have strong communication, collaboration and analytical skills, and can work as part of an Agile team. You will be part of a central, high-performance team and will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping to expand our testing infrastructure, develop our processes and ensure high-quality releases. In this role, you will enable the entire organization to test and ship code efficiently and reliably.
THE FUN STUFF
- Work closely with a cross-functional team supporting holistic quality efforts across the platform
- Employ creative solutions for platform-level testing at scale in a cutting-edge software delivery environment
- Own the shared integration test framework, and extend and expand it to support the tests produced by the feature teams
- Support performance and load testing at scale, evaluate and build out solutions, and ensure production-like test data
- Evaluate, build out and configure monitoring and visibility tools and practices to support quality at scale in a push-to-deploy microservices environment
- Design reproducible complex IT configurations as code to support testing of product capabilities in production-like environments
- Perform root cause analysis for bugs and either fix them, or work with the relevant stakeholders to prioritize and resolve them
- Work collaboratively as part of a scrum team to deliver great software and promote an overall culture of quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve our processes to facilitate increased test coverage, smoother CI/CD execution and faster releases
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 7+ years of combined software development or test automation experience.5+ years hands-on experience as a developer for commercial SaaS products
- Proficiency with Python and experience using testing frameworks such as PyTest
- Proficiency in Golang, and shell scripting is a plus
- Familiarity with testing practices in PHP is a plus
- API and RESTful architecture test automation experience
- Experience in automation and testing of AWS managed services
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) model including Github and CI pipeline automation tools
- Experience with performance and load testing at scale is a plus
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools and practices is a plus
- Experience with tools and best practices for measuring integration test coverage is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and a willingness for continual learning
- Comfortable working asynchronously on a distributed team. Proactively collaborates with other teams and team members across time zones
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum base salary - $125,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$25 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : USA - the world is changing so are we, Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description