Software Engineer in Test, Oncology at Invitae (Formerly ArcherDx)
- Work with other software developers, system engineers, and domain experts to define requirements and design software.
- Building test suites from test cases and writing test protocols
- Test new software
- Refine testing on existing software
- Building test automation frameworks and harnesses
- Custom harnesses in Python
- Testing REST APIs
- Setting up test environments
- Being familiar with internal operating procedures and the legal regulations that created them.
- Writing and reviewing formal documentation
- Managing large quantities of test data
- Build test tools that are useable by everyone on the team
- Integrate work into continuous integration cycle
- Analyze the outcome of tests and build anomaly reports
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 2-6+ years experience as a software engineer/developer or software engineer/developer in test or test engineer
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You want to work on a team. You want to work closely with smart, passionate engineers and scientists. You want to get regular feedback. You want to constantly improve. You want to work at your highest level of performance.
- You are able to communicate complex issues with respect and tact.
- You are comfortable working in a regulated environment.
- We have high standards
- Details matter
- We have a lot of rules
- Integrity of character. Your work is a final gate to the release of a medical device, you need the integrity to speak up when things are not right.
- You have a passion for learning. You will need to learn constantly.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. Requirement waived for exceptional candidates.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
Expected Pay Rate in Colorado from: $85,000
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s geographic location, qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.