Software Engineer in Test II/III (ADX-219-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
Software Engineers in Test build tools and test cases to verify software used in next-generation sequencing. They apply software engineering and computer science techniques to the unique problems of software testing. You will be working on a day to day basis with a team of software engineers and technical product managers defining and updating software requirements and design and translating them into automated tests. You will be responsible for writing, reviewing, updating regulated documents. As required, you will build test harnesses and other testing tools to accelerate testing.
We will consider local and remote candidates for this role.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Work with other software developers, system engineers, and domain experts to define requirements and design software.
- Building test suites from test cases and writing test protocols
- Test new software
- Refine testing on existing software
- Building test automation frameworks and harnesses
- Custom harnesses in Python
- Testing REST APIs
- Setting up test environments
- Being familiar with internal operating procedures and the legal regulations that created them.
- Writing and reviewing formal documentation
- Managing large quantities of test data
- Build test tools that are useable by everyone on the team
- Integrate work into continuous integration cycle
- Analyze the outcome of tests and build anomaly reports
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 2-6+ years experience as a software engineer/developer or software engineer/developer in test or test engineer
- You have strong communication and presentation skills
- You want to work on a team. You want to work closely with smart, passionate engineers and scientists. You want to get regular feedback. You want to constantly improve. You want to work at your highest level of performance.
- You are able to communicate complex issues with respect and tact.
- You are comfortable working in a regulated environment.
- We have high standards
- Details matter
- We have a lot of rules
- Integrity of character. Your work is a final gate to the release of a medical device, you need the integrity to speak up when things are not right.
- You have a passion for learning. You will need to learn constantly.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience. Requirement waived for exceptional candidates.
Read Full Job Description