Software Engineer – Test Enablement at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Software Engineer passionate about test automation to join our Testing Enablement (TE) team. Having robust test automation across our platform helps us reduce cycle time and continuously deliver new software features to our customers. The TE team reduces complexity and friction around writing test automation for all our software engineers. Members of the TE team will build test automation frameworks utilized across all Angi software delivery teams. They’ll work hand-in-hand with other engineering teams to remove barriers to adding test automation, including training. This position is open to remote opportunities.
What you will do:
- Explore and implement test automation framework changes to enable test coverage across our tech stack and reduce developer friction for adding automated tests.
- Train and mentor other engineers in writing test automation.
- Write test automation, as needed.
- Advocate for projects on the Testing Enablement team to improve engineers’ ability to write test automation, based on your insights and feedback from other engineers.
- Work on initiatives to advance the adoption of test automation across all delivery teams.
Who you are:
- Most importantly, you are a test automation evangelist. You’re passionate about empowering others to create test automation by coding better test automation frameworks and rolling up your sleeves to help other engineers.
- You have experience in and understand core concepts of test automation pertaining to integration testing and end-to-end testing. You understand “the right amount” of test automation coverage and are well-versed in applying concepts like the Test Automation Diamond or Test Automation Pyramid.
- You’re a strong software engineer with at least 3 years of hands-on development experience in test automation.
- Well-versed in at least one OO language like Ruby, Python, Java, etc.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Well-versed in using relational databases
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively across multiple teams with software engineers of varying skillsets and experience.
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies.
- Experience implementing or extending test automation frameworks like Cucumber, Selenium, Cypress, etc.
- Has strong opinions on what high code quality is and how to achieve it in the real world (considering the need for rapid software delivery and the ROI for adding test automation)
- Familiarity with microservices and creating RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with API tools such as postman
- Experienced with application monitoring strategies and tools (New Relic, etc.)
- Experience with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from 85k- 140k, commensurate with experience and performance.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world