Software Engineer - Tech Ops
SpotX is the leading global video advertising platform that enables media owners and publishers to monetize premium content across desktop, mobile and connected TV devices.
Visit our About Us page to learn more.
We are seeking a highly talented Software Engineer who can contribute brilliantly to our Tech Ops team. We are a fast-paced but casual environment with highly talented peers. The most successful team members are versatile, disciplined and enjoy focusing on new challenges.
Making an immediate impact:
- Developing new tools and technologies in the video ad serving space
- Collaborating and problem solving
- Work on a agile team comprised of 4 to 5 developers
- Participate in daily standup meetings and all meetings of the agile SLC: planning, estimation, retrospectives, demos, etc.
Needed SpotX’er talents:
- 1-2 years experience building software
- Experience with LAMP stack, particularly PHP, or Django and Python.
- Web-based environments, HTML5
- Awesome object-oriented programming/design skills
- Relational databases/ (e.g., SQL)
- Comfortable at the Unix/Linux prompt
- Experience with unit testing, continuous integration, integration testing, and an appreciation for its value
- Agile development
- Ability to make sense of chaos and explain it
Bonus SpotX’er talents:
- Experience working with online video, CTV apps, mobile apps
- Docker or other container platforms
- Distributed computing
- C++ Experience
- Multi-threaded/synchronized processing
- git / GitHub - we like developers who like developing!
- NoSQL (e.g., Hadoop, Cassandra)
- Kafka experience
- Work-life balance
- Unlimited PTO (work it out with your team first!), company closed from Christmas to New Years
- Work in a fun, casual team environment
- Benefits such as medical, dental, 401(k)