Software Engineer - SDK Zoom Chat at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoom is an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we've been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Zoom Chat SDK Team is responsible for SDK development for Zoom Chat clients. As a Zoom Chat Software Engineer you will be tasked with using C++ for the overall development and maintenance of Zoom Chat SDK.
• Work with PM and designers to implement new Zoom Chat features
• Support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyze, and correct identified defects.
• Work closely with remote teams and collaborate on implementations.
• Support prod release deployment, provide release change spec and provide production release change verification
• Proficiency in C++ is required. Messaging such as Chat, XMPP is highly preferred.
• More than 10 years of programming experience
• More than 8 years of C++ development experience
• Familiar with network programming, familiar with distributed concurrent programming;
• Familiar with performance tuning for high-concurrency system
• Experience with cloud environment (AWS, Azure)
• Familiar with DynamoDB, Redis is preferred;
• Familiar with Micro Service is preferred;
• Familiar with CI/CD and agile is preferred
Colorado Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
In addition to the base salary and/or OTE listed, Zoom has a Total Direct Compensation philosophy that takes into consideration base salary, bonus and equity value. Information about Zoom's benefits is here . Note: Starting pay will be based on a number of factors and commensurate with qualifications & experience. We also have a location based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records as well as any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at ca[email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .